Openbay marketplace connects automotive care professionals with consumers that have an immediate need for auto repair and service.
Openbay does all the work for your business
Once your business account is setup on the marketplace, Openbay responds to consumer service requests with detailed pricing estimates that include parts, labor, taxes, and repair time. Service quotes are generated on behalf of your business using your labor rates, margins on OE and aftermarket parts and more. You can validate our quotes during your account setup.
Customer service appointment booked
The quicker Openbay responds to customers, the faster they make their decision on booking their service appointment. With Openbay, customers are delivered to your business having already received a price quote and booked their appointment date and time.
The mission of Openbay is to fundamentally improve the experience for automotive repair and services for consumers, and the way that automotive care businesses acquire and service customers.
We provide automotive care businesses an opportunity to expand and grow their business. Openbay supports mechanical repair and maintenance only (non-collision).
Your Openbay account
All businesses must apply to participate on the Openbay marketplace. There are no fees to join the marketplace. Openbay receives a modest fee when a customers is delivered to your shop and completes a service. Details are provided by one of the Openbay team members.
How Consumers Use Openbay
Openbay is accessable to consumers via native mobile app and via web
Openbay mobile apps are available on the Apple App Store and Google Play. Research shows consumers turn to mobile and search when it comes to shopping for automotive services. Openbay is well positioned to meet the needs of the modern-day consumer.
How Openbay works for consumers
Consumers arrive at Openbay via online search, app download, partnerships and paid advertising.
- Consumer enters a request for a repair or describes a need for service. The need for service could be a check engine light, routine maintenance, or describes a problem.
- Openbay captures the consumers contact information, vehicle information and service request.
- Openbay responds to the customers with 6 service quotes (on average) from local automotive service providers.
- Service quotes contain details on parts, labor, taxes, and total time to complete the service.
- Customers select a provider that best meet their needs; location of the business or time traveled, business ratings and reviews, specific certifications, price, and other important information.
- Customer selects an appointment; date and time.
- A form of payment is entered or selected by customer to secure their appointment time.
- Vehicle is serviced and payment is processed.
Align your business with the modern day consumer
- Your business gets discovered by online consumers in search of connecting with a trustworthy service provider that delivers quality service.
- Leverage the power of Openbay’s partners driving customer demand.
- Openbay delivers customers with booked service appointments – no more chasing leads.
- Service providers on the Openbay platform are hand-picked – your business will represent the finest in your area.
- Unlimited access to customers seeking automotive repair and service.
Privileges of becoming an Openbay service provider
- Openbay is positioned across multiple online channels and connected with major partners driving consumer demand – giving your business access to a greater pool of customers.
- Your account comes with an online business profile – expanding your online digital presence.
- Access to Openbay ASP – native mobile app that connects you to marketplace activity in realtime. Keep up-to-date on activity, bookings, answer customer questions, send / receive videos and pictures to / from customers.
Openbay ASP Mobile App
Openbay mobile app enhances communication with marketplace customers
OpenbayASP improves customer communication, builds loyalty and increases customer satisfaction. It also increases your ability to increase services revenue.
- Designed to work with the Openbay marketplace and Openbay subscription services
- Respond quickly to customer question
- Places your business in alignment with the shopping behavior of the modern-day consumer that uses mobile to make buying decisions
- Instant notification of new customer activity
- Generate / edit customer service quotes
- Quickly confirm service appointment dates and time (if not set up for instant booking)
- Easily communicate with customers, send photos and video to expedite repair approvals
- Track all active, pending, and completed service requests
- Securely settle customer payments