About Walker Transmissions
Gary Walker is the owner and his brother Rhett manages his shop for him.
Established in Atlanta in 1953 as Walker Brothers Automatic Transmission Service. The company was divided into independent shops in 1958.
Walker Transmission became incorporated in 1976.
At their peak Walker Transmission, Inc. had six shops serving metro Atlanta. Since then, we have scaled back to one shop which is located in Covington Georgia. Quality over quantity.
In 1978, Mr. Walker's boys came to work in the business at the ages of 16 & 14. Within just a few years each was working full time in the business. Walker Transmission grew the business into a city wide operation. Mr. Walker decided to reduce the size of his business so he could maintain control over the quality of the work being done.
1989 Walker Transmission opened the Covington Georgia location and shortly thereafter moved it's headquarters into that location.
Mr. Walker's wife of 32 years (Mary) died of cancer in 1991.
The business is still family owned and operated today.
- Transmission diagnosis
- Land Rover
- Early drop off