Baseball. Cherry blossoms. Sunshine. It’s official. Spring has sprung. And even though you may not be able to don your warm weather flip-flops and shorts just yet, the time has come to start thinking about getting your vehicle back in shape for the coming summer road trip season.
Here’s a quick list of some simple spring car maintenance services you’ll want to have done to ensure the safety and longevity of your car.
- Thoroughly wash the undercarriage of your vehicle. Salt and slush buildup can wreak havoc on your car, eventually leading to corrosion and rust if not taken care of.
- Wash and wax you car’s exterior. Salt deposits on the outer body of your car can also cause harm, eating away at your paint job.
- Steam clean your car’s interior. Winter isn’t just rough on the exterior of your car. Tracking in salt can leave deposits in your flooring and upholstery that over time can prematurely age its interior.
- Replace those worn out windshield wiper blades.
- Get a tire inspection. Potholes are commonplace following a long cold winter, and encountering one too many can bring your car out of alignment. A tire rotation is also strongly recommended to extend the life of your tires. Be sure to have a mechanic check their wear, in addition to ensuring the air pressure is up to snuff.
- Top off all fluids under the hood. This includes replenishing your washer fluid reservoir and having a routine oil change and transmission fluid check, which will greatly extend the life of your engine.
Remember, summer is the busiest time of year for car servicing and repair. Don’t wait until the night before your big road trip to try to get your spring car maintenance service in. Use Openbay to compare pricing and book service from quality local shops with the click of a button.