A nationwide network of roadside assistance can now be dispatched at the touch of a button for common breakdowns due to a dead battery, flat tire, lockout, need for fuel delivery, or for vehicles that need a tow due to inoperability or that were involved in a collision.
Openbay Roadside Assistance operates on a pay-per-use basis, delivering the nearest, best-equipped service vehicle and dispatching it to the consumer’s location. Users pay for the actual service delivered at the time of need; there’s no annual membership subscription or fee to add family members.
“Consumers are holding onto their vehicles a lot longer, thanks to higher quality parts and service. Nearly 60% of the vehicles on the road are more than nine-years old, and more likely to require roadside service than newer vehicles,” said Rob Infantino, founder and CEO of Openbay. “Now, Openbay combines the convenience of on-demand roadside with our auto-repair marketplace, delivering speed and removing hassle from car-care, and meeting the expectations consumers have with today’s online and on-demand services.”
How it Works
- Openbay users submit a request for service via the Openbay mobile app.
- Using GPS, the user’s exact location is determined and validated by the user. For tow requests, the user enters the final destination of vehicle, which generates a fixed price based on mileage.
- Users are required to select and then enter their preferred payment method; credit card, debit card or Apple Pay.
- Openbay provides a summary of the services requested prior to booking.
- Using a proximity-based dispatch system, the nearest and best-equipped service vehicle is notified with all the detail on the service.
- Once the service vehicle is dispatched, the user will receive a confirmation text message with the estimated time of arrival and information on the provider.
- Upon service completion, Openbay processes payment.
Flat-rate pricing for roadside assistance starts at $64.95 and towing services start at $79.95 for up to five miles, with tiered pricing for additional miles. Openbay Roadside Assistance is currently available within Openbay’s iOS mobile app.