You love fast cars, convertibles, and the coolest looking cars out there… and then at some point in your life you start a family. One child followed by another, and another. Just after starting a family your views change and your number one priority is making sure that you keep your family as safe as you can while they’re out on the road. We live in a day and age where accidents are common and it’s important that your family is in a car that has been proven to be able to sustain a crash efficiently, and keep the passengers in the car safe from harm. Here are some of the top cars for keeping your family safe:
- 2012 Volvo S60 whose safety features include active dual xenon headlights, adaptive brake light, adaptive cruise control with queue assist and distance alert, ready alert breaks with anti-locking breaks with hydraulic break assist, city safety, collision warning with full auto break and pedestrian detection, daytime running lights, driver alert control, dynamic stability and traction control, intelligent driver information system, and more.
- Dodge Charger has safety features that include advanced multi-stage front airbags, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, blind spot monitoring with rear cross path detection, reactive front head restraints, electronic stability control, rear back-up camera, and more.
- Honda CR-V includes high tech safety features such as 3 point seat belts at all seating positions and front seat automatic tensioning systems, dual-stage multiple-threshold front airbags, front side airbags with passenger-side occupant position detection system, side curtain airbags with rollover sensor, advanced compatibility engineering, vehicle stability assist, anti-lock breaking system, tire pressure monitoring system, daytime running lights, lower anchors and tethers for children and more.
- Kia Sportage, whose safety features include being prepared for the unexpected. With the Kia Sportage, some of the safety features are an advanced airbag system, full-length side curtain airbags with rollover sensor, lower anchors and tethers for children, front seat belt tensioners, and front active headrests.
- 2012 Buick Regal has safety features that include a 2-way adjustable head restraint, air bags, daytime running lamps, door locks child security rear, horn (dual-note high and low), LATCH system, passenger sensing system, rear parking assist, 3 point seat belts for driver and passengers front and rear, stabilitrak, tire pressure monitoring system, trunk safety latch, Onstar automatic crash response, Onstar crisis assist, Onstar emergency services, Onstar vehicle diagnosis, Onstar turn by turn navigation, Onstar stolen vehicle slowdown, Onstar roadside assistance, Onstar remote ignition block, Onstar remote horn and lights, Onstar remote horn and lights, and more. (Onstar is an in-vehicle security, communications, and diagnostics system).
These are just five of the cars that are voted to be some of the safest cars of 2012 with numerous safety features to keep you and your family safe. When shopping for a car, make sure to ask what safety features are included in a car to ensure you get the safety features that you feel are most important to you. If you don’t understand something about the safety features, make sure it’s explained to you prior to purchasing the car. Remember that taking small steps while purchasing a car for your family, understanding and making sure the car has certain features, and choosing a safe car over a car that goes fast is the difference between a car that could potentially hurt one of your family members or save a family members life.