Notice: This procedure must be followed or damage to the Spark Plug and Cylinder head WILL result.
- Warm engine up. (warm, not hot)
- Remove ignition coils
- Soak spark plugs with penetrating lubricant
- Slowly work spark plug out. Loosen 1/4 turn, tighten 1/4 turn, Loosen 1/2 turn, tighten 1/2 turn, etc, etc. Until spark plug moves freely, then remove.
- Make sure to clean lubricant from spark plug threads
- Install spark plugs
- Re-install ignition coils
Keep in mind this procedure should take under 2 hours, but if procedure is not performed properly it can take up to 10 after breaking spark plug/plugs.
Therefore this repair should ALWAYS be performed by a professional.
Be sure and check out real quotes for this service by shops in your area by using Openbay.